Indaba Contest Page
Hip Hop is the most influential force in contemporary music. In the mid 1970’s artists like Grandmaster Flash and Afrika Bambaataa didn’t just craft conscious lyrics – they brought turntablism and sampling to the masses. This iconic borrowing of entire sections or snippets of songs has had tremendous impact on the way every genre of music is produced today. Artists have borrowed from almost every genre imaginable and fused them into Hip Hop in seamless ways. Take a listen to the top 40 today and you will see the genre has a significant influence on most tracks.
As we ramp up efforts to get a diversified set of high quality music into the Indaba Sync licensing catalog, we’re offering a set of genre specific opportunities. For this opportunity, submit your best Hip Hop inspired tracks to be placed into the catalog.
- Submit your original Hip Hop inspired song to be considered for placement.
- Your song must not be previously released by a label or publisher – and you must control 100% of the rights.
- Your files should be “broadcast-ready” (ie. fully-mixed and ready to go)
- We are looking for new songs (ie. something fresh sounding that was recorded in the last year)
- Even though many classic hits used samples, yours cannot! Songs using illegal samples will be disqualified.
Up to 10 tracks selected
- Inclusion in the Indaba Sync licensing catalog.
- Pro Status on Indaba Music