TRACK: Original Music
Hosted on Indaba Music Contest Page
If you have heard Rihanna, M.I.A., Vybz Kartel, Sean Paul, or Major Lazer, you already know how incredibly popular Dancehall has become. With its infectious downtempo rhythms and classic reggae flavor – see Drake’s “One Dance” – It’s clear to see that Dancehall’s reign in modern clubs has only begun! Get that Riddim pumping and get your body out pon de floor!
As we ramp up efforts to get a diversified set of high quality music into the Indaba Sync licensing catalog, we’re offering a set of genre specific opportunities. For this opportunity, submit your best Dancehall inspired tracks to be placed into the catalog.
- Submit your original Dancehall inspired song to be considered for placement.
- Your song must not be previously released by a label or publisher – and you must control 100% of the rights.
- Your files should be “broadcast-ready” (ie. fully-mixed and ready to go)
- We are looking for new songs (ie. something fresh sounding that was recorded in the last year)
- Even though many classic hits used samples, yours cannot! Songs using illegal samples will be disqualified.