Artist: Smokey Robinson
Track: Tears of a Clown
Hosted on Indaba
Up to 10 tracks selected Inclusion in the Sony/ATV Licensing Catalog
Sony/ATV Music Publishing is the largest music publishing company in the world. With over 2 million plus songs under its management, Sony/ATV is synonymous with a timeless tradition of great music and great artists. Sony/ATV continually expands the popularity of their catalogue by placing their songs in countless films, TV shows, trailers, video games and anywhere where music is needed.
Indaba Music is thrilled to partner with Sony/ATV to create the Sony/ATV Cover Series where we source the world for new covers of their expansive and versatile collection of music, this month featuring “Tears of a Clown”, originally recorded and made famous by Smokey Robinson.
Now, here’s where YOU come in. Upload your cover of “Tears of a Clown” to Indaba and Sony/ATV will attempt to place the best submissions throughout their vast network of media licensing. Sony/ATV publishing deals can be VERY lucrative so give it your best shot! We can’t wait to see what you have to offer!
- SONY/ATV is looking for new covers of “Tears of a Clown”, originally recorded and made famous by Smokey Robinson.
- SONY/ATV is accepting all types and genres of covers but, for placement in movie trailers, they’re looking specifically for “big, dark, haunting, epic and ethereal” sounding covers. However, any genre or style cover is acceptable!
- To be eligible for consideration, your cover must retain the compositional integrity of the song by including the majority of the lyrics and melody of the original.
- Do not include any material that you do not have the legal right to exploit.
- More votes will not make your submission more likely to be accepted for licensing.