Artist: Miike Snow
Track: Genghis Khan
Genre: Electronic, Pop
Key: D min
Hosted by Indaba
Miike Snow – that is – Swedish musicians Christian Karlsson and Pontus Winnberg and American songwriter Andrew Wyatt, unveiled their self-titled debut album in 2009. Their debut incorporated left leaning pop music that combined clear, sparse songwriting and hook-laden mainstream production to sizable acclaim, emerging to fill what had previously been an empty space in the musical landscape. In 2012, the band’s sophomore effort, Happy To You, arrived, further expanding the experimental possibilities of their songwriting.
The band’s third studio album, iii, is set for release March 4 via Downtown/Atlantic Records. iii is both a return to form and an expansion of what has come before. “It feels like we did a little excursion on album two and now we’re back where we were on album one,” Winnberg says. “It’s the original Miike Snow sound, but taken to the next level.” iii’s flagship single, “Genghis Khan,” is a propulsive pop number with a bluesey edge, quickly climbing the charts at Modern Rock radio.
Now, Miike Snow wants to hear your take on “Genghis Khan.” The stems are all yours, just don’t let the power get to your head.
- Miike Snow is looking for remixes of their song “Genghis Khan”.
- You must use at least one of the provided audio stems to be eligible.
- Do not include any material that you do not have the legal right to exploit.
- More votes will not make your submission more likely to win the Grand Prize.
- The band will be picking the winner based on musicality.
- Winning track will be uploaded to the Miike Snow’s Soundcloud.
- Winning track will be shared from Miike Snow’s Twitter.
3 Popular Vote Winners
- Pro status on Indaba Music